Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B (CBL-B), an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are seeking a brilliant and highly motivated Director/Senior Medical Director who will provide strategic and tactical medical leadership and will deliver key clinical and scientific leadership to clinical development programs while ensuring the highest standard for safety and compliance with regulatory requirements and standard procedures. The ideal candidate should have experience working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Develop Clinical Development Plan (CDP) and act as the clinical lead for protocols and supportive activities to meet the CDP objectives
- Provide training and ongoing input to all members of the clinical team on medical and scientific issues related to the appropriate therapeutic field
- Provide clinical oversight for Company operational staff, contract research organizations (CROs), and clinical trial sites in all areas related to the therapeutic programs
- Provide medical input and support for data management including design and review of case report forms
- Provide medical input and support for Pharmacovigilance tasks such as development of the Investigator Brochure and annual drug safety reports
- Participate in the development of Clinical Development Plans (CDP) and act as the clinical lead for protocols and supportive activities to meet the CDP objectives
- Interact with principal investigators and opinion leaders to facilitate clinical trials research
- Establish and approve scientific methods for design and implementation of applicable clinical protocols, data collection systems and final reports
- Be responsible for adequate and ongoing review of clinical data
- Acts to provide medical oversight and safety monitoring for ongoing clinical trials including participation in SAE reporting and serving on the safety committee
- Provide medical support for all relevant regulatory discussions and activities, such as IND’s and NDA/MAAs
- Participate in clinical study report conceptualization, development and writing for global regulatory submissions
- MD, board certified preferably in oncology
- Requires at least 5 years’ clinical trial experience in the setting of pharmaceutical industry with demonstrated experience and involvement in clinical trial design or execution
- Relevant clinical research experience in academic settings will be reviewed in light of clinical development experience
- Excellent communicator with proven leadership skills and the ability to interact in a cross functional environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
Nurix is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Nurix will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes.