We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a 1+ years lab experience and background in Biochemistry or Molecular Cell Biology to join our Lead Discovery team at Nurix.
This position will perform a number of biochemical and protein-based assays in support of our early drug discovery efforts at Nurix. These will include characterizing the activity of novel small molecules in custom biochemical assays and characterizing protein behavior and stability under various buffer conditions, among other activities. In this role, the applicant will work as part of a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary team of biochemists, structural biologists, cell biologists, and medicinal and computational chemists and will have the opportunity to train in a number of new lab techniques.
The candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the ability and interest to cross train in all aspects biochemical assay development. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, very organized and focused, and enjoy working in the dynamic team environment here at Nurix.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, or related field
- Familiarity with the concepts of enzyme catalysis, protein-ligand and protein-protein interactions, and the principles that govern these interactions
- 1+ years of laboratory experience in the areas of biochemistry, protein chemistry, or biophysics. Examples of highly relevant experience include:
- Work with biochemical assays (e.g. enzymatic, ubiquitylation, protein-protein interaction, fluorescence polarization, FRET, AlphaLISA, etc.)
- Use of spectrophotometers or fluorescence plate readers (e.g. Perkin Elmer Envision, etc.)
- Experience with laboratory automation or robotics (e.g. Agilent Bravo, Biomek FX, etc.)
- Protein purification (e.g. AKTA Purification of proteins from coli or SF9 cells)
- Experience and proficiency with data processing programs (i.e. Microsoft Excel, GraphPad Prism, etc.)
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation, highly collaborative and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
- Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.