Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are seeking an enthusiastic candidate with a B.S. in a biological science and research experience in an academic or industry lab to join Nurix’s Protein Sciences team for a contract-to-hire position. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience in recombinant protein expression in insect and/or mammalian cells. Candidates without significant hands-on experience will be initially mentored by a senior member of the protein sciences team to conduct experiments related to protein production in these systems. As a member of the protein sciences team, the candidate will be encouraged to actively participate in project teams across the organization.
This individual will be responsible for the in-house production of recombinant proteins in mammalian and insect cell systems. The role includes expression screening and optimization, large scale expression and small scale purification to ensure production of quality protein. In addition, the candidate will be encouraged to identify and implement platform improvements. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists from cross-functional disciplines and with all members of the protein sciences team. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the ability and interest to cross train in all aspects of protein expression and purification. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, very organized and focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment.
- Undergraduate degree in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, or similar discipline.
- Hands-on experience in recombinant protein expression screening, optimization and large scale expression in mammalian and insect cell lines in an academic or industry setting is highly desirable.
- Hand-on experience in protein purification in an academic or industry setting, including basic knowledge of protein purification and characterization techniques (e.g. IMAC, SEC, IE, SDS-PAGE,UV-Vis), is highly desirable.
- Must keep a detailed record of experiments in an electronic laboratory notebook (instruction provided).
- Must be able to follow protocols and promptly communicate results and difficulties.
- The successful candidate will be aligned to Nurix’s culture and values; he/she will be team oriented and highly collaborative with a hands-on approach.
- The candidate should be enthusiastic, driven, team oriented and have a “can do” attitude.
- Recent graduates (0-2 years) with a strong desire to learn are especially encouraged to apply.
Nurix is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Nurix will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes.